Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mothers' Day

"All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother." - Abraham Lincoln

A partially deaf boy came home from school one day carrying a note from officials at the school. The note suggested that the parents take the boy out of school, claiming that he was "too stupid to learn."

The boy's mother read the note and said, "My son Tom isn't 'too stupid to learn.' I'll teach him myself." And so she did.

When Tom died many years later, the people of the United States of America paid tribute to him by turning off the nation's lights for one full minute. You see, this Tom had invented the light bulband not only that, but motion pictures and the record player. In all, Thomas Edison had more than one thousand patents to his credit.

"My mother was the making of me." - Thomas A. Edison (1847-1931)

Happy Mothers' Day


To My Mama, Lydia


To My Lola, Cecilia


To my sister, Che Vicky, Mother to Paul and Pauline



To Auntie Ofie


To Auntie Helen



To Terefil (my brother Winchile's wife), mother to Jayden


To Aileen (my cousin Ton-ton's wife), mother to Lianne and recently, Russel


To Lanie (my cousin Lester's wife; looking forward to Lyndon, your little angel's pics)


(And the mothers at heart)

To Auntie Mabel (my Mama's sister)


To Auntie Jo, Sr. Jocelyn Wong, spc (my Mama's sister)


And to all Mothers out there.
You deserve only respect, love and appreciation.

Thank you for your love.


3 comments:

tita lita said...

fr. willie..you have a very beautiful family.and on this note i would like to tell you a little bit about myself..i am an rn and in 1971 went to germany to work in a german hospital met my husband who is an american and in the u.s army.we got married in germany 38 years ago and had our son there .he is now 36.after 3 years in germany we settled here in manchester new hampshire.my husbands homestate.i worked as a psych nurse at catholic medical center for 30 years and retired 5 years ago.i was then 62.my husband retired in new hampshire state prison after 25 years of service as a correctional lieutenant..i go back and forth to batac.sometimes with my son and husband or just me.i spend 3 or 4 months at a time in batac.i came back in january after my mom passed away.i had to stay with my dad for awhile because he was so depressed after my mom's passing away.they had been married for 75 years.there are 7 kids in the family and i am on the middle.3 of us are here in the states.now that i bore you with my life story and hope to meet you in the near future...again i'd say you write good articles..you can call me tita lita

Fr. Willie Jones Ducusin said...

Tita Lita,

Thanks for the sharing part of your life. You must have a great family too.

Thanks too for the kind words. =)

God bless.

tita lita said...

fr.willie..i can say that i am blessed and i thank GOD everyday for all the blessings.